About Me

My photo
Just a normal guy trying to do some amazing things.

Friday, February 27, 2009

So, I've finally encountered it. I always say I have had no one close to me every be in any real mortal danger. Last year my grandfather was diagnosed with breast cancer, and he had a lumpectomy, and the cancer was supposedly gone. in January, they found another lump in his chest, and this morning he had a double lumpectomy. It's crazy because I was really afraid.

It's crazy...the department he's in is called "same day surgery." Wtf? The told my grandfather before he went in today that he would most likely be able to go home today. Uh...nigga....no. You cut his CHEST OPEN!! Same day surgery...sounds like fast food to me. Reminds me of that car fixing commercial. "IN...UP...FIX...OUT!!"

Thankfully, he's out of surgery, and doing ok, however it really put some things in perspective for me. I've got some praying to do.

On a lighter note, for the first time in a long time, it feels so good to be around my family. Jeri is driving up too, so she'll get to meet about half of my aunts and uncles. She's nervous, but I'm actually excited.

We came to the conclusion that she's no longer going to move down in June, which depressed me a great deal. In terms of money, and with this jacked up economy, it's probably the smart thing to do....but whatever...that ain't what I want lol. A whole 'nother year. It sucks to be frank. But I think we're strong enough to make it work. I love her so...and I just want her closer.

I'm so ready to be done with school. Only one more year hopefully, and by the grace of God I'll have my degree. I am so ready to get back in the work force. Get to making money...having my own...building. I'm just excited to see what God has in store for me and my future. We'll see....

Feel me?

No comments:

Followers